Friday, March 21, 2014

User-friendly

It still baffles me that people who don't get anything out of me anymore all of a sudden think I'm such a bad person, that I leave people behind and that I'm completely heartless. I may appear to be all strong and independent, but it hurts me that I'm constantly judged by people like you, too, you know.

I refuse to explain to you how my decisions were made, because (1) you don't deserve my explanation, and (2) you won't understand anyway. SO I'd rather save my precious brain cells than think of an easier way to explain things to you. I'm sorry if I seem harsh (although I don't think you're getting the real point of this anyway, so meh.), but like what I've been telling you before, when someone gets tired, they just get tired. I originally assumed you understood that, given that you're older than me and supposedly blessed with more wisdom and care in the world, but, alas, I was wrong. Snaps for me for giving the benefit of the doubt, but, more importantly, snaps for my heart for being on the honor roll of getting hurt & disappointed once again.

I believe I have been a real friend to you. And the rest of our friends have been the same. But since all we got out of you was sheer irresponsibility and utter neglect for anything that's equally important for all of us, then I (well, any of us) don't think you still deserve the friendship we can offer. When the only times we hear from you are when you need something, I sure as hell know that's not at all okay. The rest of the time you're visible, you're either impatient or lying, and you try to earn our trust by being unnecessarily nice (cos I know it's fake) or by treating us to appease our worried minds. I'm sorry, but your tactics won't work on me anymore. I would gladly pay you back for the money you've spent being friends with us, plus a little extra if you want. I may not be as affluent as you, but I have class and good principles that you may never be able to afford to have. I am never going to be bought by the cheapness that you think will get you through life. Money may make the world go 'round in some strange, demented way, but your money will never be of use to me and my ideals. I say reevaluate your life and start the change that's so long overdue. I would say GROW UP, but I don't think even that will work.

Now, allow me to tell you a little something about self-preservation: Once people grow tired of giving individuals like you everything and anything, they start to believe they deserve to keep their sanity more and start focusing on themselves. I hope, someday (I really do), you progress into the man you're supposed to be, and I pray that you find the motivation to actually be a good person to others without lying or buying them out. As for your friendship, I think I'm good with my real friends already, thank you very much.

No comments: