Monday, March 02, 2015

Desiderata

I know it just isn't. But why is it that in my heart of hearts, I'm somehow still waiting to be surprised?

In the greater scheme of things, some extraterrestrial force might be at work here. I feel like I'm constantly told to ease up on my grip, but every single time I try to let go, I end up holding on some more. That said, I now have opened up my horizons to new terrain, in which the friend gets crowned queen. Such a hard pill to swallow, but if it happens, well, then it happens. I am clearly not in the position to actually have a say about anything, so my thoughts shall remain thoughts... And I pray that my eyes remain expressionless, too.

My eyes- -yes, my eyes, in all their weird glory- -may, or dare I say, will betray me. What I just have to uphold, though, is the constant barricade that borders the iceberg that was once called my heart. The upside? Consistency. Despite the fact that fate really does enjoy kicking my royal ass.

You know what scares me right now, though? Somehow feeling that I've created my own kryptonite. And that my ultimate demise will be when it decides to present itself before my eyes. Add to that this nagging feeling that no matter how aware of it I may be, my world will crash and burn.

All. Over. Again.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: