Sunday, November 17, 2013

2:09 AM

The Universe has kickstarted my dormant mind once again.

In the game of chess, one party's attack-and-capture methods are meant to place the king under an inescapable threat of capture. However, all efforts towards the king's demise can be halted, as miniscule miscalculations and even the tiniest overstep can gift a seemingly winning candidate with a draw. And just like that, despite the dirtier work and all those brain cells lost, you eventually still succumb to paying the price. The currency? Frustration.

I sometimes wonder if the Universe has become jaded because of everything it has gone through-- because in spite of my conscious efforts to carefully remain unscathed by its rampage, I nonetheless find myself stuck right in the middle of all the chaos. It's just life, I know, but it doesn't exactly offer solace to my poor, unfortunate heart.

My heart--yes, I believe that's quite the hot topic these days--should just be left at that. No muss, no fuss. And I have gone way past that game of waiting, because there's probably something else much more worthwhile to wait for. My long-time trend of friendly encounters has apparently not escaped me yet, and I say, what's a couple more years (or months, if I'm lucky ;p) of waiting?

It could be premature to say that this is the end of the road, and so I resort so saying it's yet another fork I must contemplate on. Therefore, because of the recent (and rather frequent) turn of events I refuse to read into, time and time again, I succumb to my fate.

Stalemate.

No comments: